Sunday, July 22, 2012

Twitter Reflection

Twitter Reflection
This class has been my first experience with using Twitter.  My original opinion of Twitter was that it was an almost purely social media.  However, my thoughts about this site have changed the past few weeks. I do think there are some potential educational uses for this site. 
First off, Twitter is a great way to be connected for students.  I know that many of my students use twitter and are connected constantly through their phones.  What a great way to remind them about upcoming school events or even class due dates.  Our boys soccer coach connects to the team parents through this site, when he posts they are automatically sent to the parent's phones.  I don't think that we can ignore technology is changing the way students interact socially and learn so embracing that change is important. 
I do worry a bit that Twitter isn't really designed for educational use, although it does fit with it.  I am trying to think about ways that I could actually use this technology in class.  Of course, there are still many students who do not have Internet access on their phones, or at their house so that always muddles the waters with technology use. 
For now, Twitter was an interesting experience for me and I have really learned a lot about that site throughout this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment